ICW, is a private, non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide an array of individualized supported employment and other services to individuals with developmental disabilities. We provide the necessary tools you need for this job, including Red Cross – First Aid, CPR, AED and Blood-Borne Pathogen training.
Employment with ICW
ICW accepts applications for positions currently open and available. Vacancies are posted on the current opportunities page as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ICW is an equal opportunity employer that strives to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the community in which we serve.
Summary of our Benefits for Employees
ICW offers excellent benefits including a 401k, health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, telephone reimbursement, generous paid time off policy, paid holidays, and a good work/life balance. Check out the benefits in detail available to you as an employee in our Benefit Summary.
Supported Employment Specialist
Integrated Community Work (ICW) has an opening for a full-time and part-time Supported Employment Specialist. ICW is a private, non-profit agency that provides a variety to supported employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. Our work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, approximately 35 hours per week. Flexibility in work schedules is required. Our clients are in the Dane County area.
The Supported Employment Specialist will:
• Communicate appropriately and professionally with clients, employers, parents, legal custodians, coworkers and management.
• Use new and innovative ways to engage clients in learning new job skills.
• Communicate large goals into small milestones, repeating instructions as required.
• Be compassionate to the emotional and physical needs of the clients each day.
• Observe and record client’s performance each day.
• Prepare required reports and paperwork for each assigned client.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High school Diploma or GED required.
• Valid Driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required.
• Patient, compassionate, positive, and calm demeanor required.
• Prior experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred.
• Ability to articulate ideas and information verbally and in writing in a clear, tactful, and diplomatic manner.
• Ability to handle, work with, and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and to move around without discomfort.
• Proficient data entry skills.
• Successfully pass the Wisconsin Caregiver and criminal background check.
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental insurances with generous employer premium contributions, life insurance, vision reimbursement plan, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and retirement plan with employer contribution.
Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered for this opportunity to: email@example.com